When we talk about bread, nothing seems to be interesting. bread are among the basic food requirements that we need on a regular basis. Therefore, they become monotonous even if you are buying brown bread, multi-grain bread, or garlic bread in rotation. How about taking something from Italian cuisine. Italian chefs are the best bakers known for their unique techniques of making normal things interesting. Instead of buying a loaf of bread from the market, how about making Italian breadsticks at home? Sounds interesting! Breadsticks are distinctive in shape and their test will definitely impress you. Do you want to know how to bake breadsticks at home in Italian style? Follow the lead for more information.
Ingredients to collect for crispy Italian breadsticks
- All-purpose flour 2 ¼ cups
- Olive oil ¼ the cup
- Fast-acting dry yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
- Cooking spray
- Water (⅔ cup)
- Granulated sugar (1 tablespoon)
- Large egg (1)
- Coarse salt ( 1 ½ teaspoon)
All these ingredients must be already available in your kitchen. Let’s proceed with knowing the technique of baking.
Steps to make quick soft breadsticks
- Take a cookie sheet and spray cooking oil on it. Keep it aside and start mixing other ingredients.
- Heat water over medium flame in a saucepan at 105 degrees Fahrenheit. Take a large bowl and add yeast to it. Mix with warm water and stir until it is not dissolved completely.
- Add sugar, 1 teaspoon of salt, olive oil, and 1 cup of flour. Take your Baul under the kneading machine and beat the mixture at medium speed to obtain a smooth texture.
- Once done, pour the remaining flour gradually and make a soft dough.
- Take a chopping board and sprinkle some dry flour on it. Place the dough on it and knead with hands.
- After 5 minutes, make rolls off around 10 inches long on the same board.
- Take your cookies sheet and place these rolls at a distance of 2 inches. Brush them with olive oil and also spray some cooking oil on the cooking sheet. Cover the sticks with a plastic wrap loosely and keep them aside to rise for the next 20 to 30 minutes. Yeast inside dough will allow it to expand.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Beat the egg in a small bowl and brush it over the breadsticks you are going to bake. Sprinkle coarse salt and bake the breadsticks for around 20 minutes.
- When they turn golden brown, remove the sheet and keep your breadsticks on the cooling rack. Your Krispy breadsticks are ready to serve hot and cold.
Professional tips to bake any kind of bread at home
- Make sure that you are using 100% organic ingredients in the recipe.
- Use all-purpose wheat flour with high protein and gluten.
- Give enough time for your dough to rise after kneading. Otherwise, brides will not attain their fluffy texture.
- Professional bakers prefer dough to knead with hands for the best results.
- Salt is the most important ingredient of every kind of bread. It is responsible for enhancing taste and making crumbs.
- Preheat the oven as per instructions provided in the recipe. The low or high temperature will ruin the entire recipe.
Bread baking is an easy recipe and also requires only basic ingredients that are already available in every kitchen. Following these professional tips will enhance the quality of your baking. While baking anything in Italian style, don’t replace olive oil with anything else.