Have you ever thought about what it takes to make parts for the auto industry? If so, you might want to think about becoming a BIW (Body-in-White) designer. If you’re going to work in the car business, one of the best ways to do so is to take a BIW Fixture Design Course.
What is BIW Design?
Fixture design, or BIW design, is the process of making the jigs and fixtures used in the automotive industry. These supports hold and steady the parts while they are welded and put together. The course is broken up into four different functions:
- BIW Design: An Introduction
- Basic BIW Design Principles
- Advanced BIW Design Techniques
- BIW Design Project Management
The course continues with two additional modules:
In the first part of the course, you’ll learn how products are designed and made for BIW assembly.
- Product development process
- Design for assembly
- Tolerance analysis
- Surface finish
In the second part of the class, students learn about designing and making products for the BIW assembly process.
- Body panel design
- Bumper design
- Trim design
- Glass and glazing systems
- Exterior lighting
- Interior trim
Students learn more about how the Automotive BIW Design process works in each section. BIW designers teach the course with a lot of experience in the field. The course is suitable for people who want to learn more about BIW design or who want to learn more about how design works.
What exactly am I going to Study?
The course covers many different things, like
- The history of BIW design and how the design process has changed over time.
- The different kinds of BIW designs and what they can do for you.
- The rules for making a good BIW.
- The different steps that go into making a BIW.
- How to make a BIW design that works.
- Importance of having a good understanding of how things are made.
- How to run a BIW design project in a good way.
What are the pros of a BIW design career?
- You will learn more about the BIW design process and the software and tools used in BIW design.
- Facing the environment will allow you to work on design projects firsthand.
- You will learn the skills and information you need for a career in BIW design, and you will be able to design the fixtures using CAD software.
What do you need to do to get a job in BIW design?
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related field
- Ability to use CAD software
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Flexibility in using several mediums
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel to different places
- Ability to work with many different kinds of people
The BIW Design Course is a great way to learn about how cars are made and to gain skills that will help you in your career. Taking a BIW Design Course can help you advance your career and make more money.